photo by Steven Cottinghan- EP Herald Post
Ysleta is off to a 4-0 start for the first time in many decades, and part of the reason is senior quarterback Joziah Salazar.
Salazar threw for 341 yards, three touchdowns, and ran for 78 yards in an exciting 29-28 win over Bowie. Salazar’s third touchdown pass was a game winning touchdown pass as time expired, lifting the proud Lower Valley school to a 4-0 mark and is our Week Four player of the week.
The 5’10 senior has thrown for 1,095 yards, and 11 touchdowns so far this season.
Other notable week four stars
- Deion Hankins, RB, Parkland, 142 rushing yards 2 TD’s broke city’s career rushing mark
- Gabe Herrera, QB, Parkland, 355 passing yards, 5 TD’s
- Khatib Lyles, WR, Parkland, 143 receiving yards, 2 TD’s
- Carter McFaddin, LB, Coronado, 4.0 sacks
- Garrett Slaughter, RB, Coronado, 177 rushing yards, 2 TD’s
- Michael Mendoza, RB, Franklin, 182 rushing yards, 2 TD’s
- Isaiah Quijas, RB, Horizon, 106 rushing yards, 3 TD’s
- Mykal Blanco, WR, Hanks 6 catches, 130 yards, TD
- Aaron Molina, QB, Hanks, 315 passing yards, 4 TD’s, 60 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD’s
- Jesus Aguirre, QB, Irvin, 190 passing yards, 4 TD’s
- Del Valle’s entire defense
Past players of the week:
- Week 1: Caleb Gerber, RB, Pebble Hills
- Week 2: Gabe Herrera, QB, Parkland
- Week 3: Aaron Dumas, RB, Americas, Gabe Stonewall, WR, Franklin
- Week 4: Joziah Salazar, QB, Ysleta
Alex Nicolas Reporting