Check out TownTalk Sports El Paso Super Eight Power Poll for Week One of the football season:
1) Parkland – Deeply talented with two of the top FBS prospects in El Paso.
2) Del Valle – Del Valle has an argument to be #1, and their tough schedule early on will test them.
3) Pebble Hills – The favorite in 6A will have to replace 40 seniors, but Caleb Gerber is legit threat at running back.
4) Andress – Andress returns a host of skill players and have a veteran quarterback.
5) Chapin – Another team with multiple FBS prospects who will have a tough district slate.
6) Franklin – Franklin is contending team due to their offense; a solid defense could make them a championship contender.
7) Montwood – Montwood graduated a lot of talent, but they still have enough talent to compete at a high level.
8) Eastlake – Eastlake is becoming a program that reloads every year but will be tested with a new cast of offensive play makers.
Also receiving votes: Eastwood, Canutillo, Coronado
-Alex Nicolas Reporting